SN 31617. Clear inspection stamp DFC in Ribbon Cartouche on the butt. All of it's original blue and case hardening finish present. Fine stock.
Following the Civil War the US Goverment in 1867 decided to convert many of their percussion military arms to Metallic cartridge breechloaders. The Sharps was one of those selected for conversion and contracts were given to Sharp's Rifle Manufacturing Co to alter Rifles and Carbines of their Manufacture.